We would like to share with you another eBook that we are publishing. This is our fourth eBook in total, and the third in a 4-ebooks series.
- Project Management for the Accidental Project Manager; this eBook is a basic introduction to the SUKAD CAM2P
model and includes a discussion of a social entrepreneurship project.
- Project Management I – Challenges, Opportunities, Methodology; this eBook is the first in the series where we introduce the project management methodology, its rationale, and its alignment to global standards, including the PMBOK Guide.
- Project Management II – The Customizable and Adaptable Methodology for Managing Projects
; this eBook explains the SUKAD methodology for managing a project.
This eBook is the third part of a four-part Series on project management.
The primary purpose of the Series is to introduce the readers to The Customizable and Adaptable Methodology for Managing Projects
These eBooks build on each other, although they are semi-independent.
Description of this new eBook
One of the major challenges facing project management today is the confusion between two critical concepts. These are: the process groups’ concept made famous by A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) and the well-established principle of project life span (cycle). Many practitioners and organizations are confusing the two and assume that the process groups are phases on the project life span. The hypothesis is that on moderate and large projects, this confusion is causing challenges for projects, if not failure.
In the earlier two eBooks in this series, we discussed the challenges and opportunities for the practice of project management, we discussed the rationale behind a new approach, and we presented a project management methodology that builds on project life cycle and global standards. In this third eBook, we blend the two concepts and address multiple essential topics that are not limited to a project stage/phase. We present how these essential topics must be handled ‘across the project life span’. These essential topics include project approvals, project control, risk management, project success, managing stakeholders, and roles and responsibilities. In this eBook, we also discuss the methodology features of customization and adaptation for various domain and project classifications.
The book outline is:
Section 1: Life Cycle Perspectives
- Chapter 1: Life Cycles 360o
Section 2: Across the Project Life Span
- Chapter 2: Project Approvals
- Chapter 3: Project Estimates
- Chapter 4: Project Control: Moving Baselines
- Chapter 5: Project Risk Management
- Chapter 6: Project Stakeholders
- Chapter 7: Project Success
Section 3: Model Principal Features
- Chapter 8: Applying the Model
- Chapter 9: Customizing the Model
- Chapter 10: Adapting the Model
- Chapter 11: Potential Pitfalls
Click here to download Project Management III: Managing a project across the project life span
SUKAD related services
SUKAD offers learning program and organizational (consultancy) solutions related to the methodological approach that we present in these eBooks. Please let us know if you are interested and our business consultants can discuss the various options.
In addition to the published work, we will continue to add content to the Project Management Knowledge Portal by SUKAD, at this time available for registered users. Some of the content is related to the methodology including templates, presentations, case studies …